The Membership Committee is responsible for the recruitment and maintenance of a vibrant, growing church membership. Working closely with the Director of Membership, the Council comprises a variety of approaches to the task and includes a number of specific activities:
- Information for visitors (packets and brochures, telephone calls and letters)
- Welcoming of visitors and new members
- Intro to U.U. classes (joint responsibility with Director of Membership)
- New member parties two times per year
- Meet-ups (interest groups that meet and share social time)
In addition, the Committee works collaboratively with the Stewardship Committee to monitor church member stewardship.
Not only does the Membership Committee have broad responsibility for congregational life and growth, but we enjoy our work! We are committed to healthy growth (numerically and spiritually) and welcoming new and potential members.